Celebrating the ministry of candi dugas, d.min., m.div.
Date and Time
dr. candi dugas completed the substantial Church Within A Church Movement process and was approved for ordination to Christian ministry at the April 2014 CWACM national Coordinating Team meeting in Baltimore, Maryland.
The Extraordinary Ordination Work Area said, “We shared in a lively and wonderful conversation with candi that felt collegial and mutually engaging for all. The conversation matched her thoughtful and creative written materials. There was consistency between what candi had written and her responses to our comments and questions.”
dr. candi dugas is author of Who Told You That You Were Naked? Black Women Reclaiming Sexual & Spiritual Goodness. She is the founder and president of candi dugas, llc.
With over 13 years of experience directing the implementation of nonprofit visions, particularly in the areas of faith and social justice, candi brings talents and gifts that will compliment and bring new wholeness to the Movement. She has been recognized as a highly creative, concerned and competent principal who builds consensus around common goals, achieving results, and believes that her ordination will give her authority and access to a wider scope of ministries. She also values the mutual accountability that she will find as a clergy person in the Movement.
Friday, June 5, 2015
- 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. — Social Justice Friday: Sex Trafficking Forum at Grace UMC, 458 Ponce de Leon Ave., Atlanta, GA 30308; $10 (includes your box lunch)
Saturday, June 6, 2015
Saturday morning options (choose 1)
- 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon — History Revisited: The Founding of A Movement – Atlanta is the birthplace of the Church Within A Church Movement. We will revisit our beginning and look forward to our future. Free admission, location TBA.
- 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon — Interfaith Mini-Immersion – Explore faith and belief traditions other than your own. $25, location TBA.
- 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon — Historic Atlanta Sightseeing – To say there's so much to see and do in Atlanta, is an understatement. We've chosen a few activities to wet your whistle! Costs vary depending on activity/site.
- 4:00 p.m. — The Invitation: An Extraordinary Ordination Experience at Impact Church, 2323 Sylvan Road, East Point, GA 30344
- Ms. CC Coward
- Rev. Arthur McClenton
- Mrs. Toya Greene
- Minister Kimberlee Scott
- Worship Leaders:
- Mrs. Debra Johnson, Christian
- Mr. Darryn Ray, Christian
- Rev. Dawn Wright, Christian
- Mr. Gareth Young, Buddhist
- Ms. Kappitola Williams, Choreographer
- Surrender (the debut of candi's theatrical troupe)
- Rev. Dr. Randall C. Bailey, Interdenominational Theological Center
- Mr. Gogi Basi, Sikh Gurdwara-Study Circle
- Rev. Annie Britton, Church Within A Church Movement
- Rev. Olu Brown, Impact Church
- Rev. Kate Hurst Floyd, Grace United Methodist Church
- Rev. Dr. David Anderson Hooker, First Congregational Church
- Rev. Dr. Mark Lomax, First Afrikan Church/Interdenominational Theological Center
- Following worship — Reception immediately following the worship experience
- 10:00 p.m. — The After-Party; Location TBA
Sunday, June 7, 2015