Updated February 16, 2015
You must have a web account and log in to participate in the online forums. You are solely responsible for your postings on the CWACM web site. Your username and photo or avatar will be displayed with your comments.
Participants in the online forums on the CWACM web site are expected to follow community-building principles of speaking from one's own experience in an attitude respect and care.
- Always speak respectfully. One can disagree without being disagreeable.
- Be open to new learnings as people share from their own experiences.
- Listen patiently before formulating responses.
- Strive to understand the experience out of which others have arrived at their views.
- Be careful in how you express personal offense at differing opinions. Otherwise dialogue may be inhibited.
- Accurately reflect the views of others when speaking. This is especially important when you disagree with that position.
- Avoid using inflammatory words, derogatory names or angry language.
- Avoid making generalizations about individuals and groups. Speak from your own experience.
Comments posted by visitors to the CWACM web site reflect that person's individual perspective and do not necessarily reflect CWACM's values or perspective. CWACM is not responsible for comments posted by visitors to the web site.
We reserve the right to screen, moderate, and remove comments that are inappropriate, or harmful to individuals or the community and may ban users from further posting if necessary.