rev. dr. candi dugas is an award-winning writer and practical theologian whose progressive insights challenge how we think about faith, freedom and justice.
Author of three published books and more than 20 regionally produced stage plays and skits, candi’s latest projects include her most recent book, Beauty: a centering guide for you and her first screenplay, Desire’s Kiss, which celebrates feminine sexuality in the context of faith.
- Pre-production/fundraising for Desire’s Kiss
- Development of wild + free
- Writing 2 books: meditation and poetry
- Exploring fundraisers for Atlanta-area seminary students
- Exploring becoming a voiceover talent
Areas of Expertise
- Spiritual Leadership
- Small Group Facilitation
- Creative/Media Production
- Sexuality & Spirituality
candi dugas & associates – Chief Creative + President
- Spiritual leadership; writing/editing services for small to medium businesses, nonprofits and entrepreneurs
- Screenplays: Desire’s Kiss (2011)
- Stage plays: wild + free (2017), no ordinary sunday (2010)
- Books: Beauty, a centering guide for you (2016); Who Told You That You Were Naked? Black Women Reclaiming Sexual & Spiritual Goodness (2012); Bootlicked to Balanced: Healing the Mind, Freeing the Spirit (2009)
The Center for Working Families, Inc. – Vice-President, Operations
- Oversight of $1.2M renovation
- Creation of marketing collaborative
- Founding member of senior staff
Ben Hill United Methodist Church – Administrative, Arts and Communications Director
- Managed teams of dancers, actors and A/V technicians
- Wrote, directed and produced seasonal festival music dramatic productions
- Developed original bible studies
- Best Screenplay Winner, Desire’s Kiss, Urban Mediamakers Film Festival, 2013
- Columbia Theological Seminary, D.Min., Christian Spirituality
- Gammon Seminary/ITC, M.Div., Homiletics/Worship & Hebrew Bible
- University of Florida, B.S., Public Relations
More than anything, candi loves shaping stories , and more than anything, she does not like limitations or labels. candi is particularly drawn to alternative approaches to recognizable issues and topics that can make meaningful differences in the lives of G~d’s people. With their beauty and substance, she believes that artistic expressions best embody the power to affect positive change.
An ordained clergyperson with The Church Within A Church Movement, candi is a native Atlantan (GA), and continues to make her home there, enjoying life with family and friends, focusing on love, fun, laughter and adventure.